In the right-hand menu you will find an Australian notes and coins unit of work with options for years 3 to 6, accompanying activity sheets and extra lesson ideas to complement the unit.
Broad learning outcomes
Participating in the unit of work will assist students in achieving the following broad learning outcomes:
- Students will activate their prior knowledge about Australian notes and coins.
- Students will calculate change and explore the idea of exchanging.
- Students will learn how to round dollar amounts to the nearest five or ten cents and apply this when calculating totals and giving change.
- Students will create a simple financial plan.
- Students will explore the idea of discounts and sales and calculate totals based on these.